The use of compressed air is indispensable in all industrial applications as a utility and as raw material in the production processes. The compressed air is versatile, flexible and a safe form of energy, but it is very expensive if not used correctly if compared to traditional compressors, the advantages of these advanced new machines can be summed up as follows:
1. Elimination of electric absorption peaks in the motor’s start-up phase.
2. Optimisation of the electric consumption of the compressor with a ratio directly proportional to the request for compressed air.
3. Constant regulation of the working pressure with a maximum drift of 0.2 bar as to the operating set pressure.
4. Elimination of the waste of compressed air in ON-OFF regulation determined by the need to depressurise the air-oil tank every time a vacuum is created in the machine.
5. Reduced wearing of the mechanical parts, screw bearings and motor, with consequent reduction of the maintenance costs.